What Is Nism Certification?
NISM being short for National Institute of Securities Market. NISM Certification is an certification exam for those who wants to pursue career in Stock Market in India. For Instance, if you want to become Mutual fund Distributor in India you must have to clear NISM V A.
Is NISM Certification Useful?
NISM Certifications are very useful for those who want to pursue career in Share Market. As in India, Every Mutual Fund Distributor must have ARN number to legally do their job. And to get ARN (AMFI Registration Number) one needs to clear NISM V A. Similarly, If you are interested in working in Stockbroking firm then you need to clear NISM VIII.
How to get NISM Certifications?
You need to clear NISM certification examination. There are many NISM Certification modules. Each specific modules is for specific job.
NISM Certifications modules are important for Investment Advisors, Equity Research Analyst , Stock broker and even for those who have their own advisory company. As SEBI has made some NISM Certification Modules mandated for Intermediaries.
These are list of all NISM Modules:
- NISM Series I: Currency Derivatives Certification Examination
- NISM Series II A: R & T Agents Corporate Certification Examination
- NISM Series II B: R & T Agents (Mutual Fund) Certification Examination
- NISM Series III A: Securities Intermediaries Compliance Certification Examination
- NISM Series III B: Issuers Compliance Certification Examination
- NISM Series IV: Interest Rates Derivatives Certification Examination
- NISM Series V A: Mutual Fund Distribution Certification Examination (Recommended)
- NISM Series V B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination
- NISM Series V C: Mutual Fund Distributors (Level 2) Certification Examination
- NISM Series VI: Depository Operation Certification Examination
- NISM Series VII: Securities Operations And Risk Management Certification Examination
- NISM Series VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
- NISM Series IX: Merchant Banking Certification Examination
- NISM Series X A: Investment Advisors (Level 1) Certification Examination
- NISM Series X B: Investment Advisors (Level 2) Certification Examination
- NISM Series XI: Equity Sales Certification Examination
- NISM Series XII: Securities Market Foundation Certification Examination
- NISM Series XIII: Common Derivatives Certification Examination.
- NISM SERIES XV: RESEARCH ANALYST Certification Examination.
- NISM SERIES XVI: COMMODITY DERIVATIVE Certification Examination.
- NISM SERIES XVII: RETIREMENT ADVISER Certification Examination.
NISM Certification for beginners:
Well the list is huge. Don’t worry you don’t need to clear all these exams. If you are complete beginner then go for NISM V A and NISM VIII. NISM V A will enhance your knowledge about Mutual funds.
NISM Study Material :
You need Study material to prepare for these NISM Exams.
You can buy Nism Workbooks from store or you can get previous edition of Ebook of NISM from here free of cost available in both hindi and english language.
NISM Mock Test :
We also provide Free Mock Test for following NISM modules:
Check out our Free NISM Mock Test Sample which provide detailed explanation for every question and also covered all numerical questions. Our mock tests are updated frequently.
As competition is rising to get good job in top company marks requirements are generally above 75%. You can achieve this through our NISM mock test.
NISM Exam Pattern And Mode Of Exam:
You can give NISM V A in Hindi as well as in English. There is no Negative marking in this Certification examination. But NISM VIII is in English and also have negative marking.
The questions are very twisted, so prepare properly. This is an online mode exam and for calculation, calculator is also provided.
NISM Exam Date: AMFI Exam date
There is no fixed date, one can apply online for this exam anytime they want in NISM Portal. After application is submitted you will get your nism exam date and other information through email or SMS.
One can even reschedule their exam within 15 days. After that, You can choose your exam according to your choice in given time format.
For your information NISM Va and AMFI Exam are same, so please don’t get confused by name.
There is no specific requirement. Eligibility criteria is different for different NISM Certifications. To apply for NISM V A, the minimum education qualification is only 12th grade.
How To Register For NISM Certifications in 2023?
- Visit the official website of NISM at https://www.nism.ac.in/.
- Create login ID and password. Once you have filled in all the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account
- Log in to your account and click enroll for exam.
- Choose exam center of your choice as per your location.
- Check your examination dates after checking your exam time and seats. After that pay the exam fees.
- You will get email or message of confirmation so check out your email inbox. After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the exam details and instructions on how to download your admit card.
- Read terms and conditions. Go to my enrollment to check status, roll number and download your admit card.
- Download and print your admit card and carry it to the exam center on the day of the exam.
- Make sure to take Valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar card) and Admit card in Exam center.
NISM admit card: You can download your Nism admit card after registering for NISM Certification in their portal and by paying the appropriate fees. Registration fees are generally not more than 3000 Rs.
Salary And Job Incentives:
After clearing NISM V A you can apply for ARN number in AMFI (Association of Mutual Funds in India). After receiving ARN number, you can empanelled with any AMC in India like: L&T Mutual Fund, ICIC Mutual Fund, Tata Mutual Fund, etc.
Salary for freshers is a range from 25k to 50k + incentives are also available. They provide full training as well and also assign personal computer to you where you have to trade in behalf of your client.
Now days brokering firms are available in almost any city or state of India so you don’t need to worry about shifting to other cities. Previous working Experience helps in interview though.
They also provide incentive with salary. They give you target which you have to complete in given time.
For example: If they appoint you for dealership after interview. They can give you target to open ‘x’ accounts of clients. They also provide incentive even for freshers. After completion of targets you can earn lots of incentives.
Dealer trade in behalf of client. You have to analyze their shares and profit and email all these information to your client.
In advisory firm , you have to provide calls , advise to clients and complete their target. You also need to provide free trial and also need to pitch or sell companies services. They give you full training so don’t worry much.
Tips To Prepare For Job Interview :
- Keep all documents in online format.
- Create profile in online job portals.
- Create great resume.
- Prepare for written and oral telephonic interview as well.
- They also check confidence and body language.
- HR will call you and ask about your qualifications.
- 1st round will be telephonic and 2nd round will be manager round.
- They will ask you questions like derivatives and their types and future expiry. So prepare for it.
- They might even ask you numerical questions and will ask rate of particular stock.
- 4th round of interview includes salary negotiation.
Interview questions and process will be different for each certification exams so be prepared.
NISM VS NCFM:
Both NISM and NCFM are very crucial. But if your focus is to pursue career or to get job and to gain knowledge then go for NISM.
But if you want to check or expand your knowledge then go for NCFM. We have recently have surveyed 100+ students on their opinion about NISM and NCFM for job seekers.
We Have Surveyed 100+ Indian Students on their opinion about financial certification examinations like NISM VS NCFM for job seekers in India.
Specifically, we looked at how factors like future scope, job incentives, salary, interviews, competition, job experience and exam certificates affects the lives of Students who are pursuing these financial certification examinations in India.
What if i fail in NISM exam?
If you failed in NISM exam, you can again register in NISM portal. But you need to pay the registration fees again. NISM Certifications are generally easy and with the help of Nism study material and mock tests provided in KarmaNullify, one can easily crack this exam with flying colors.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
2 thoughts on “NISM Certification In 2023: What It Is + How Beginners Can Get Started”
I want to apply
Apply through NISM portal